Parish and PCC
Training for Parish workers: Churchwardens, Parochial Church Councils, Safeguarding Officers, Treasurers...
= latest updates
What do we cover?
- Understanding our Diocese – structures and governance
- Status and functions of the PCC
- Responsibilities of PCC members as charity trustees
- Resources to support our parishes
- Click here for Safeguarding training info and booking
- What does a secretary do?
- PCC meetings and Sub-Committees
- The Annual Parochial Church Meeting and the preparing the Annual Report
- Membership of the PCC and Elections
- Records and Accounts
- Independent Examination / Audit
- Parochial Fees
- Gift Aid
- Excepted Status
- Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme
Courses provide an opportunity to meet some of the people you are likely to contact in the Diocesan Office and discuss common issues.
When and Where?
To secure your place on a 2015 training session, download the leaflet by clicking here and completing the booking form. Directions to the venues are included.
We recommend the following sources of reference for secretaries (S) and treasurers (T):
- (S) Church Representation Rules 2011
- (S/T) Practical Church Management (2014)
- (T) The Charities Act 2011 & the PCC (4th edition)
These are available from the Sarum College bookshop, Salisbury (01722 326899) or at discounted rates at the training sessions and from the Diocesan Office.