Parochial Church Council Training for Secretaries, Treasurers and Churchwardens.
What do we cover?
- Understanding our Diocese – structures and governance
- Status and functions of the PCC
- Responsibilities of PCC members as charity trustees
- Resources to support our parishes
- What does a secretary do?
- PCC meetings and Sub-Committees
- The Annual Parochial Church Meeting and the preparing the Annual Report
- Membership of the PCC and Elections
- Records and Accounts
- Independent Examination / Audit
- Parochial Fees
- Gift Aid
- Excepted Status
- Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme
Courses provide an opportunity to meet some of the people you are likely to contact in the Diocesan Office and discuss common issues.
When and Where?
To secure your place on a training session, download the leaflet below and complete the booking form. Directions to the venues are included.
NEW: 2014 Parishes- PCC Training Leaflet [470.0 kB]
NB: one date has changed! Session on 15 May is now 22 May. Either alter your copy or wait for the new version of this leaflet to update overnight. It should be available for download on 26 February.
We recommend the following sources of reference for secretaries (S) and treasurers (T):
- (S) Church Representation Rules 2011
- (S/T) Practical Church Management (2005)
- (T) The Charities Act 2011 & the PCC (4th edition)
These are available from the Sarum College bookshop, Salisbury (01722 326899) or at discounted rates at the training sessions and from the Diocesan Office.