Children, Young People & Families
The Children, Young People and Families team are here to support and encourage the church to share God’s love with all children, young people and families.
= latest updates
Click here for the Parish Resources page
‘Detached and Outreach Youth Work’
with Lindy Cameron.
Gain confidence in working with young people!
For Clergy, Youth Workers, Volunteers, LPAs.
25 November 2014 at the DEC, Wilton, 9.30am-12.30pm.
26 November 2014 at St Nicholas Church, Corfe Mullen, 9.30am-12.30pm.
Cost: £5.00 per person, to include refreshments.
SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
Please book with email@example.com.
Resources for Children and Communion
2014 CYPAF- Children and Communion- Applying for Permission [23.5 kB]
2014 CYPAF- Children and Communion- Resources for Children [157.5 kB]
2014 CYPAF- Children and Communion- Preparing Your Parish [22.5 kB]
2014 CYPAF- Children and Communion- A4 Communion Certificate [68.5 kB]
Our Children and Young People (CYP) Strategy
We offer advice and assistance to parishes and deaneries on any issue affecting children and young people in the church. We will listen and learn about your situation and help find the best way forward for you. We offer:
- Consultations to discuss your parish, school or deanery situation and help you develop a vision and strategy for work with children, young people and families.
- Guidance on various subjects including, employing a worker, all age worship, fresh expressions, best practice.
- Training. These may be one off courses or ongoing support. Courses range from general training for volunteer youth and children’s leaders covering essential skills and issues to specific topics such as Messy Church, Storytelling, prayer and worship, Children and Communion for example. Look out for information of training days on our web page or through the mailing list, or get in touch to discuss your training requirements
- Resources. We can point you in the right direction to help you find what you need. Click here for Publications from the Diocesan Board of Education
- If you're planning or running an event, give us a call. We can help and even promote it on this website for you
Your Children, Young People and Families Team is:
Adviser for Work with Children and Families
Adviser for Work with Young People
Adviser for Work with Young People
Lizzie has set up a page featuring opportunities for young people, with resources and training for youth leaders. Click here for Youth Leaders' Resources and Training.
Click here for training by the Diocesan Board of Education.
What is the CEYC?
CEYC stands for "Church of England Youth Council" and is the official body that seeks to represent a youth voice to the wider church. www.ceyc.org.
The Council meets twice a year; once in November for a residential and once in April for a day meeting. Topics relevant to the church and to young people are discussed and debated - anything from the environment, to women bishops, to the well-being of young adults.
CEYC aim to have two representatives aged 16 to 25 from each of the 43 dioceses in the Church of England. If you are interested in being a member for Salisbury Diocese please contact CEYC or Lizzie Whitbread, the Diocesan Adviser for Work with Young People.
Heather Bland is the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser. She can advise and help with CP issues and Criminal Records Bureau.
Mrs Heather Bland: 01722 411922
Mothers' Union offers the diocesan marriage preparation resource "Journeying Together" as well as a number of accredited facilitators able to lead parenting groups. They are effective at working with families in need, and even provide holidays. Visit www.salisburymu.org.uk or ring the office on 01722 333402.