Your basket
Your basket
0 items - £0.00

Personal tools

Home News Giving to those in need

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Giving to those in need

by Michael Ford last modified 10 Dec, 2019 05:25 PM

The congregation at a Poole church has chipped in to give something to help a family who lost everything in a recent house fire.

Giving to those in need

Original photo courtesy the Bournemouth Echo

After hearing about the fire and how it had devestated the lives of the local family, those attending a service at St Aldhelm's in Branksome held a collection.

A post on the Church's Facebook page said:

"Thank you to those who chipped in to the special collection last Sunday in church for the family who lost everything in a recent house fire in James Road.

"I have paid across the money collected (£50 + £2 donation to the website) to the giving page set up by their brother and uncle."

According to the Bournemouth Echo, 8 fire engines were needed to tackle the blaze on the first floor of a semi-detached property. The fire had started in a bedroom on the first floor and quickly spread to the roof.

Fire service group manager Richard Coleman said the occupiers of the property returned to their home to find the emergency services in attendance and were “incredibly upset.”

Document Actions