Your basket
Your basket
0 items - £0.00

Personal tools

Home News Safe and sound in church

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Safe and sound in church

by Michael Ford last modified 05 Mar, 2019 11:04 AM

A local church has become safe and free storage for the possesions of a nearby thatched cottage after it caught fire.

Safe and sound in church

Original photo courtesy Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service

St Mary and St Bartholomew offered to store furniture from the house after the blaze made the cottage, which was very close to the church, uninhabitable.

Around 100 firefighters and ten fire engines in "demanding conditions" fought to get the blaze under control at a home in in Church Street, Cranborne, according to Dorset and Wiltshire Fire Control.

"Despite damage to thatched roof, firefighters successfully avoided significant fire damage to the rest of the property and worked hard to salvage all of the owners' possessions," the service said in a tweet.

It added: "Great community spirit with the local church providing salvage for the property owners."

Document Actions