Initial Ministerial Education (IME) falls into two parts.
- Part 1 covers time spent at college or on a course
- Part 2 normally covers the first four years of public ministry (three years after completion of degree for LLMs)
All those in training are working towards achieving the Learning Outcomes developed by the House of Bishops. Click here for more
Click here for training info and booking
Continuing Ministerial Development (CMD)
Click the links in the grey 'Resources' box on the left to download course materials. These include:
- New 2014 Brochures now in one booklet for lay ministers, LPAs, LWLs, ordained ministers & retired ministers
- Booking forms for lay ministers, LPAs, LWLs, ordained ministers & retired ministers
- Ministry Development Leave Guidelines
- Theology of Ministerial Development
The scheme offers a Ministry Review every 18 months. This alternates between a peer review (conducted by a reviewer selected from the diocesan list) and a senior staff review (conducted by a Bishop or Archdeacon, or by arrangement by the Dean).
Click here for more
The Archdeacon of Sherborne is responsible for wellbeing in the Diocese of Salisbury.
Contact the Ven Paul Taylor: