School leadership: staff, heads of department, governors, headteachers
Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education is committed to supporting teachers, curriculum leaders, headteachers, governors and parishes as they strive to provide the best education for our children and young people.
We believe teaching and learning are at the heart of school improvement and are the core business of schools. We are therefore continually developing strategies for providing the best possible education for the young people of the Diocese of Salisbury.
To that end we want to work alongside schools and parishes to help schools be effective. We have a team of advisers who work closely with schools, on an individual basis, but who are also available to support governing bodies, school clusters and parishes to offer the best to every child.
The advisers for school development are:
- Joy Tubbs, Deputy Director:
01722 746949, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Stratta, Adviser:
01722 746948 email@example.com
- Carole McCormack, Consultant:
01722 746949 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Shepperd, Director of Education:
01722 746948 email@example.com
We provide advice and support to school governors, head teachers and staff on:
- Establishing a distinctively Christian response to the key issues in current educational thinking alongside our Local Authority provision
- Statutory processes such as headteacher appointments, statutory inspections of Anglican schools (SIAS), foundation governor appointments and admissions
- Awareness and training of the Christian distinctiveness of church schools, with the specific responsibility for maintaining Christian values and standards
- Induction and support of headteachers newly in post
- Church, clergy and community liaison with schools
We also provide training, both centrally at our Diocesan Education Centre in Wilton and around the diocese when needed. To access a list of our courses please click here.
Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education works in collaboration with local and national agencies to provide the best opportunities for young people, including:
- The National Society
- The Church of England
- Local Authorities
- Independent Educational organisations
- Community Groups
- Charitable Organisations
- Schools and Colleges
- Church Communities
Eagle's Wings Ministries UK
Offers an experienced, independent and supportive 'listening ear' to headteachers and chairs of governors of church schools in dioceses.
Downloads are available from the grey 'Leadership Resources' box on the left.